Thank you Class of 1954!
Pittsfield High School Class of 1954 Scholarship Fund
PO Box 205
Pittsfield, IL 62363
PHS Class of 1954 Scholarship Fund Awards Grant to Pikeland Unit 10
The Pittsfield High School Class of 1954 Scholarship Fund recently awarded a $25,500 grant to the Pikeland Unit 10 School District. Per the letter of award, funding will be allocated as follows:
- $5,000 to further professional development (PD) of Pikeland teachers. Funds will continue to support individual honoraria of up to $250 for continuing education and conference attendance that will ultimately enhance student learning. To maximize impact, awardees will be expected to share lessons learned with their Pikeland colleagues and report back on how new knowledge was applied. With this award, the Fund has allocated a cumulative total of $11,000 toward the professional development of the district’s teachers.
- $5,000 for educational/cultural field trips for Pikeland students in grades 7-12. The Fund will soon provide an application by which teachers may request up to ~$500.
- $5,000 for an exterior digital sign on the Pittsfield High School (PHS) façade. These grant funds will supplement existing district funds to procure and install the sign.
- $10,000 toward the purchase of equipment for the PHS weight room. Funding is restricted to weight-lifting and fitness equipment and/or room improvements that directly benefit all PHS athletes and physical education students.
- $500 for exterior beautification to relocate and/or create a surround for the garbage dumpster at the west edge of PHS.
The PHS Class of 1954 Scholarship Fund has a long history of supporting the educational needs of our community’s youth. Since June 2016, our organization has invested well over $140,000 in grant funds for Unit 10. This sum is above and beyond our annual scholarship commitments that, for the 2018 award cycle alone, were over $71,000 to PHS graduates.